Instructions Following Separator Placement
- No sticky foods – including chewing gum, gummy bears, fruit rollups, or anything with a very sticky consistency.
- Your child will feel like they are biting on rubber bands – this is normal.
- Mild discomfort in the back teeth is expected as the teeth are moving apart – pain medication can be taken if necessary.
- If a separator falls out soon after placement, please call the office.
- If a separator falls out close to your next appointment date, don’t be concerned as this means there is sufficient space now between the teeth.
Office # 860-643-6942
Emergency # 860-983-4723